Wednesday, March 4, 2009

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Why the heck is it so hard to stick to New Years resolutions? I feel like every year I make this 'promise' to myself that I'm going to change certain things.. But instead of working on changing them, taking baby steps per se, I just assume that I'll be able to take on that change fully. Immediately start the change without too much effort or faltering.
This year my biggest goal was to stop talking bad about people. And at first I was good, and I would kinda catch myself during/after I was done and try to change what I was saying (or apologize for it if it was too late!). But I'm not sure at what point I forgot about my goal. But I think this is bigger than just a resolution.
I've come to realize that sometimes I talk bad about someone because I'm jealous of something they have. So to deal with it I try to find something bad about them and dwell on it. Well this doesn't make me feel any bettter about myself.. So really, what's the point? They don't hear what I'm saying so it doesn't make them more insecure (which wasn't even my goal in the first place), it doesn't change the fact that I lag in that department (usually it's confidence - over-confidence in my opinion..) but really.. WHAT.IS.THE.POINT.
The thing is that this really is something that's easier said than done.
A lot of the times I talk bad about people that I don't even really know. They could be wonderful friends, siblings, students.. But I still find shallow, insignificant things to dwell on, and quite frankly, drive myself crazy over. I have GOT to get over this. I'm really going to try hard. What's the point on judging someone I know nothing about? I'm not doing either of us a favor? It's shallow and immature and petty and somethin I desperately want to get over. I just wonder what it's going to take. Some growing up on my part I guess. I guess I need to become truly happy with myself, maybe if I focus more on the things I like about myself and MY life I will stop thinking about others more.
Maybe that's it.. Maybe I need to focus more on me. Every time I start to have a bad thought about someone I should change it into a positive thought about myself? That sounds kinda silly.
And I'm over dwellin on it. Less typing, more action!

Some other goals I have yet to accomplish this year:
-Become a better saver ($$$)
-Make new friends
-Become more secure with myself/more outgoing

SOME THINGS I HAVE:
-Attempt vegetarianism (I like it better, actually.)
-Sign with a SECOND agency (!!)
-Become more financially independent (yay me!)
-Party less (it becomes overrated when you stop, I swear!)
-Enrich my relationships with others (I'm working so much harder to become a better sister/friend/girlfriend - and I love it)

No comments:

Post a Comment